Westminster Church has decided to restart in person worship on May 10. However, we will continue to broadcast all of our services on Facebook Live. Therefore, there is no pressure to attend in person worship if you aren’t ready. If you consider yourself at-risk, (we’ll let you define that) or need more time to see how everything shakes out, then please continue to watch online! Our services will be planned with the online audience in mind so you’ll get the same online worship experience that you are already used to.
Follow these steps to watch online: at either 9:00, or 10:30, go to www.Facebook.com/WestminsterEnid scroll to the very first post, enlarge it, and watch our service! It is that easy!
Please stay home if you have symptoms. If you have a fever, are sneezing, or are coughing, please worship online until your symptoms are gone. Even if your symptoms are from allergies, we would still ask that you stay home, to keep others from feeling uneasy.
If you are ready to worship in person then please read through these precautions so you’ll know what to expect.
A) The process of entering and leaving the building.
- When you arrive at the building, greeters, (who will be wearing masks) will hold the door open for you so that you don’t have to touch the door handle.
- Disposable masks will be available at the entrances for anyone who would like to wear a mask and doesn’t already have one. You do not have to wear a mask to attend worship, but if you decide that you want to wear one, and already have one, please bring it with you, so we can save the disposable ones for those who don’t have one. Once again, it is not mandatory to wear a mask.
- When you arrive at the sanctuary, please wait at the two side entrances, (not the middle entrance) staying six feet from the person or group in front of you.
- Once you are at the front of the line, an usher with a mask on will ask how many are in your party, (like you are at a restaurant) and will lead you to a spot where that amount of chairs have been set apart. We have single chairs for those who come alone, pairs of chairs for couples, and groups of chairs for families. The ushers will lead you to the appropriate place.
- When the service is over, please exit quickly, without lingering to talk, while keeping six feet from the people in front of you. We understand that this is going to make fellowship harder, and fellowship is very important, but your safety is even more important.
B) Changes to how we worship.
- We will not pass on offering plate. You can place offerings in the plates outside of the sanctuary without having to touch them.
- There will be no bulletins or other church material handed out.
- We will not have our usual refreshment area with donuts, coffee, and other refreshments.
- There will be no shaking hands, hugging, or touching, before, during, or after the service.
- There will be no Kid’s Worship or Nursery. Disposable activity packets for kid’s to use during worship will be available outside the sanctuary. Also, feel free to bring electronics for the kids to use, if they will enable you to worship in peace, but please bring headphones or turn off the volume. (We have kids too and we understand!)
We know that these are a lot of changes. Church won’t be the same as what you’re used to, but none-the-less, we will joyfully worship God. We want to give you the freedom to stay home and worship online or to attend in person worship under these temporary guidelines. We trust that you will make the right decision based on your situation.
We will see you at either 9:00, or 10:30, either in person, or online!