Westminster Church restarted in person worship on May 10. As the weeks have passed we have felt like our procedures are keeping things very safe.
Please stay home if you have symptoms. If you have a fever, are sneezing, or are coughing, please worship online until your symptoms are gone. Even if your symptoms are from allergies, we would still ask that you stay home during this difficult time, to keep others from feeling uneasy.
Here is what to expect on Sunday.
A) The process of entering and leaving the building.
- When you arrive at the building, greeters, (who will be wearing masks) will hold the door open for you so that you don't have to touch the door handle.
- Disposable masks will be available at the entrances for anyone who would like to wear a mask and doesn't already have one. You do not have to wear a mask to attend worship, but if you decide that you want to wear one, and already have one, please bring it with you, so we can save the disposable ones for those who don't have one. Once again, it is not mandatory to wear a mask.
- We have placed sets of chairs six feet away from other chairs. So if you are alone, you can find one single chair that is six feet from others, or if you are with one other person, you can find two chairs that are six feet from others, and so forth.
- When the service is over, please exit quickly, without lingering to talk, while keeping six feet from the people in front of you.
B) Changes to how we worship.
- We will not pass on offering plate. You can place offerings in the plates outside of the sanctuary without having to touch them.
- There will be no bulletins or other church material handed out.
- We will not have our usual refreshment area with donuts, coffee, and other refreshments.
- There will be no shaking hands, hugging, or touching, before, during, or after the service.
- There will be no Kid's Worship or Nursery. Disposable activity packets for kid's to use during worship will be available outside the sanctuary. Also, feel free to bring electronics for the kids to use, if they will enable you to worship in peace, but please bring headphones or turn off the volume. (We have kids too and we understand!)
We know that these are a lot of changes. Church won't be the same as what you're used to, but none-the-less, we will joyfully worship God.
Worshipping with these new guidelines has been going great. We will see you at either 9:00, or 10:30, either in person, or online!